Friday, June 4, 2010

Inspiration Board

For the jacket project shown in my previous post, we were required to pick a word that was our inspiration for the design. Then we had to create a board that further displayed our inspiration in a visual way.
My word was "spring," and my main inspiration came from flowering trees, particularly lilacs (my favorite time of the whole year is the, approximately, three weeks that lilacs are alive on their trees). I also felt the need to put a picture of decorated silverware and a picture of Gemma Ward wearing a humongous hat with a veil on the board. If I'm being completely honest though, I drew no inspiration from those things while creating my jacket; they were just really cool pictures that happened to fit in with my color scheme at the end. Shhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment