Thursday, January 27, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wasteland...I Mean, Wonderland

When I woke up at 6:30 this morning and was greeted by 1 1/2 inches of unexpected snow with plenty more coming, I wanted nothing more than to be directly on top of the equator at that exact moment.

I am not a winter-hater, but there is only so much a person can take when her only means of transportation are her legs and the unreliable buses of Madison.

Later in the afternoon when I was walking back to my apartment and receiving many confused looks (I think it was my purple sequined beret. Get over it, people, because chances are I like that hat more than I like you. Sorry.), I came upon this frozen skeleton of a bush. At that moment, I hated winter a little bit less.

People on the equator never get to see beauties like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment