Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Curly-Q

I made this fun project for an introductory fabric embellishment class at UW-Madison. The assignment was to take a piece of fabric that is as long as I am tall and completely cover it with one element of embellishment as densely as possible.

My fabric is pink tulle that I scrunched together to add more texture and thickness, and my embellishment is pink pipecleaners that I pierced through the fabric, then curled around my finger.

This is probably one of my favorite projects I have ever made, but it was a beast to complete. It took a lot more pipecleaners and time than I could have ever anticipated.





These curly-q's now reside on the teeny wall in my tiny Madison room between the closet and the door to the kitchen (don't be too jealous of my groovy, mustard yellow refrigerator).

No comments:

Post a Comment