Monday, August 1, 2011

Mermaid Nails, Shermaid Shails.

Have you experienced the pure joy of reading Cupcakes and Cashmere yet? Read it once and then try to wake up every morning thereafter and have the first thought that pops into your head not be, "I wonder what the fabulous Emily Schuman wrote about today." I dare you.

Anyway, when I saw her post on "Mermaid Nails," I freaked out for several reasons. Here they are:
1. Mint colored nail polish was involved.
2. Glitter was involved.
3. I own the exact same glitter as Emily Schuman.
4. I love painting my nails and love when other people love painting their nails.

So, I attempted the Mermaid Nails. I did it exactly the same way Emily told me to with my favorite blue nail polish and my blue Martha glitter.



As you can tell from the picture (or not- talk about a great quality photo...), my nails turned out FABULOUSLY. If I were to do this again, I would change my glitter color by a shade because I thought it matched the nail polish too well. But no matter! I was a mermaid; I was a fashionista; I was just like Emily!
(Have you noticed my pajamas in the background yet? I swear, these are the ugliest pajamas I could have ever worn. I have much cuter jammies that I wear more regularly. I swear.)

The next morning when I woke up, I excitedly packed up my things and prepared for the epic Britney and Nicki concert that night, only to discover that almost all of the glitter had disappeared from my nails. Throughout the day, more and more fell off. Sigh. Mermaid nails, shermaid shails.

No comments:

Post a Comment