Saturday, August 20, 2011

To: Steve

Steven Walsh and I have been dating for three years. I don't know how or why this happened, but it did, so I got him a present to recognize the occasion.

A bright blue wallet from Jazzman seemed like the perfect addition to Steven's everyday life in which money, receipts, and other miscellaneous objects fly about in and out of his pockets in no particular order. Alas, I did not get it to him soon enough, as he lost his ticket for the parking ramp and had to pay an outrageous fee.



Inside the wallet, I started him off with some special cash.


Steve really liked the pictures we took for the CollegeFashionista and Teen Vogue Fashion U contest, so I framed two of them in a frame that flips to reveal both (Ikea! 99 cents!).


Wrapping this present was probably the most fun I've had in awhile (I am well aware of how lame this sounds, but I can't help who I am or what I like, so I roll with it and think you should too). I started with an old box I found in my closet and some cut up and crumpled pieces of old grocery bags inside for some filling.


Look at the fun pouch I was given to put the wallet inside of!


I then printed out repeated images of some photo booth pictures Steve and I took a little while ago on some cut up pieces of grocery bags.


I covered the box and picture frame with these printed pieces of grocery bags as if they were wrapping paper, used some fun blue ribbon for some excitement, and slid the Pantone color postcard that I used as a card on top.


Three years a charm!

1 comment:

  1. Can I date you?! This is SOO cute!! I Love love loove everything about this present - from the gorgeous and funky blue wallet, the dollar bill with your face on it (which you totes have to tell me how you did that btw), the framed photo of yourself, and almost best of all - loooove the wrapping paper!!! SO great! the pantone color postcard for the card-looove it! That Steve's one lucky guy!!!
    Congratulations you two on three blessed years! I wish you many many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete