Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

Remember when Marie Antoinette, directed by Sofia Coppola, came out five years ago, and everybody, especially in the fashion world, went crazy? I do, because I still am going crazy. I cannot get over this movie. I talk about it all the time, think about it all the time, and even wrote a College Fashionista article that was Marie Antoinette themed.

The night I found out I was having a snow day the next day (which was a week ago already! It would be super helpful if I could have another snow day this week, please.), I not only stopped everything I was doing to paint my nails, but I popped in this movie and watched it late into the night. The end was a real downer, but the rest of the film still has me dreaming of pastels, sparkles, feathers, and decadent desserts.


(vain.com)


(shopstopsite.com)


(movies.nytimes.com)


(findingmilkylane.wordpress.com)


(jeweledelegance.blogspot.com)

I must be off now- need to install a ship into my bouffant!

P.S.- Did you know Marie Antoinette actually never said, "Let them eat cake!" ? I think I'll still eat cake anyway though.

No comments:

Post a Comment